Thursday, December 31, 2009

Sevilla y Madrid

The last round of photos is up! I took WAY too many of them, but didn't want to cut them down any more. I have every intention of going through all twelve hundred of the photos I took while in Spain and picking out 100 of the best, but it might be awhile, so I thought I'd share these for now. Enjoy!

Sevilla & Madrid photos

The best part of Madrid doesn't have photos: we spent all of Monday and Tuesday going through the three main art museums, the Prado, the Thyssen, and the Reina Sofia. The Prado is Madrid's main art museum, with a range of classic to contemporary works, but highlighting several famous Spanish painters; we saw Goya, El Greco, and Velazquez, to name a few. The Thyssen is a private collection; I was amazed at the sheer number of artists they featured, despite not having many especially famous paintings. Finally, the Reina Sofia is a contemporary art museum, and home to a large number of Picasso's works, including Guernika, which was spectacular.

I had a few more thoughts on the art museum I wanted to share, but I'll have to save them for later. Maybe once I get those 100 favorites from Spain picked out. :)

No comments: