Sunday, November 18, 2012

day eighteen: a gift made, shared, passed on

I always have a tough time with these - they push me to be creative in ways that don't come naturally! Sunday I was driving back from the wedding, thankful for the beautiful sunshine and the pretty countryside I hadn't been able to see on the way down. I was also thankful for the quiet time in the car, time to listen to the Word, a good sermon on law and grace, and a phone call with my mom. At the end of the day, I was deeply thankful for God's presence and promises to love, protect, and defend, always - and for how much he loves and cares for me. I am thankful I can rest in that, especially when life isn't easy.

So, a gift made (#55): choosing to rent a car instead of fly or drive, giving myself time to be quiet and rest.
a gift shared (#56): hopefully you're blessed by hearing all the things that I was thankful for on Sunday!
a gift passed on (#57): I'm not sure what I passed on to you or others in all of that, but God passed on to me several reminders throughout the day of his mercy, love, grace, and forgiveness - just what I needed in so many ways. Thank you, Lord!

No comments: