Saturday, October 22, 2011

gluten free pizza

More allrecipes.com fun:



I made pizza! It was my first time making a super-tasty crust from scratch. I liked this recipe and will definitely use it again. The dough was chewy, in a good way: not too dried out or too moist, full of flavor from the olive oil and sorghum flour in my flour mix...and the tomato, mozzarella, and basil made for a killer combination!

Adapted from http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/pizza-dough-i/detail.aspx. The original recipe is for 15 servings; I cut that to 5 and ate the whole thing, so they must be small servings! :)

Gluten-free pizza
Serves 1

1 c. gluten-free flour (I used this mix)
1/2 tsp xantham gum
3/4 tsp active dry yeast
1 tsp white sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp oil (I used olive; recipe calls for vegetable)
1/3 c. warm water (110 degrees: I just guesstimated)

Preheat oven to 375.

Mix dry ingredients; add oil and water and mix until combined. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper and spread out dough (I did mine pretty thin: probably 1/8-1/4 inch and about 10 inches across). Add desired toppings. I spread mine with olive oil, sprinkled some salt, and layered it with sliced mozzarella, sliced tomatoes, and fresh, chopped basil.

Bake 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and enjoy!

No comments: