Thursday, May 27, 2010

ginger mint potato salad

I bought a bag of red-skin potatoes this weekend. I love red-skin potatoes, but they take time to prep and make, so I haven't had many of them lately. After roasting a chicken yesterday, I decided a potato salad was in order. One of my favorite recipes is Potato Salad with Mint and Peas, from epicurious.com, but I didn't have any peas (or shallots). So I started inventing with the ingredients I had on hand and ended up with the following recipe - the ginger, garlic, and chili are still lingering in my mouth, and it's a tasty combo!

Lynnae's Ginger Mint Potato Salad
Serves 4














6-8 medium red skinned potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces, with skin
1/2-1 cup orange bell pepper,
2-4 tsp garlic clove, minced
1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
2 tsp dried mint (or 1-2 Tbsp fresh)
1/2 tsp red chili flakes
1-2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
1-2 Tbsp olive oil

Immerse the potatoes in cold, salted water (I used about 3 tsps salt), bring to a boil, and simmer for 10 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water.

Add remaining ingredients to the potatoes and stir. Let sit for a few minutes (or a few hours) for the flavors to blend together; serve cold.

No comments: