Thursday, May 7, 2009

Avocado & Shrimp Salad

It's been awhile since I posted a recipe and I so was proud of myself for finding/making a delicious, easy dinner tonight that I decided to post it.

I found this recipe from Epicurious but didn't have all the ingredients (or a grill), so I simplified it. What I came up with was light, yummy, and packed with kick! Delish. Unfortunately, I finished it before thinking of blogging about it, so I'll have to post photos tomorrow, when I make leftovers. :)

Lynnae's Avocado & Shrimp Salad

For the shrimp:
2 TBSP olive oil
Handful of thinly-sliced red onion
1 tsp orange zest
1-2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 doz. thawed, raw deveined shrimp

For the dressing:
1 TBSP orange juice
1/2 TBSP white balsamic vinegar (or white wine vinegar)

1 c. mixed salad greens, rinsed
1/2 hass avocado, diced

Heat oil in a small skillet over med-high heat; add onions, orange zest, paprika, and chili powder and sauté until onion is soft. Add shrimp and sauté 2-3 min, max.

Combine the orange juice and white balsamic vinegar in a small glass container (measuring cup or glass).

Place lettuce in a bowl, top with half the shrimp/onion/oil from the stove, the diced tomato, and the dressing. Add salt/pepper to taste and enjoy!

No comments: