Friday, February 20, 2009

Smedly's

2/21/09 - A little something I wrote last night...

Tonight I'm sitting in Smedly's, a gastro cafe in Fell's Point that I love. They're having an open mic night, which is proving to be the best way to spend a Friday evening, at least this week! It's laid back, fun, entertaining, and cosy. I'm full from a gluten-free cauliflower curry sandwiched between two teas: first an orange rooibos and then a decaffinated lemon white. Yum. After a long, stressful week at work, tonight is perfect.

A little more about the food: there are always a few gluten-free options on the menu (even desserts!), so I'm never wanting. Most of the dishes I've had so far have been vegan curries, which doesn't bother me as they're always satisfying. I'm always impressed with the creativity and wholeness of the meals - each bite is an adventure, full of complex flavors and textures - I'm hooked!

No comments: