Thursday, September 13, 2007

like a chicken with my head cut off...

...is how I feel running around these days! Work is insane and we're moving in eight days to a beautiful new apartment less than a mile from where we live now, so most days I'm going non-stop from morning until evening. I feel like I'm back in school, which is good and bad. Good because I love being busy. Bad because I forgot how tired so much busyness makes me!

I am excited, though, because the busyness gives me a chance to learn (or re-learn) how to be busy well. Instead of running from one thing to the next frantically, why can't I relax, knowing that what needs to get done will get done in due time? But I want to have everything completely finished or figured out at this moment, so I run like crazy, jumping from one thing to the next, never fully appreciating the moment.

My boss told me yesterday to practice letting my imagination run wild, that it would help me not to get so bogged down in the details. I think I just need some rest. And another cup of coffee. :)

No comments: